The Leader as Learner- A Leadership Professional Learning Community for Assistant Principals
Objective: To provide an opportunity for continual growth of current assistant principals
- Participants will become more knowledgeable of the traits that are necessary to be effective, successful principals.
- Participants will engage in practical activities that have immediate transfer to their school situations.
- Participants will share best practices through networking with colleagues.
- Three required seminars from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Part of the session each month will be a study of the 10 Traits of Highly Effective Principals
and other readings. The other half of the session will be dedicated to a
better understanding of the following departments: Personnel, Federal
Programs, and Student Services. These areas are critical to the success
of all assistant principals.
- One on-site visit to a Jefferson County School
- All new assistant principals
- Current assistant principals who did complete Tier I requirements the previous year.