To Our Parents and Community,
Jefferson County Schools would like to thank you for your input in helping form the school year calendar for 2016-2017. Because we have received so much positive feedback, we would like to invite you back to participate this year. We have put together a calendar committee made up of members including parents, teachers, administrators, and community members, which will produce 2 viable calendar options for the next 2 school years including 2017-2018 and 2018-2019
. The committee members will work with your feedback to create these calendar options which will then be voted on.
Before you begin the survey, we would like to explain a few key factors.
• All state/federal holidays
• 175-180 days for students
• 187 days for teachers
• 240 days for 12 month employees
• Balance the number of student days per semester
• Teacher Works Days at the beginning and end of year
Holidays Per State Law:
• Veterans Day
• Memorial Day
2016-2017 Calendar Reflects the Following Survey Feedback:
• Off a full week for Thanksgiving
• Work days and PD Days built into the school year without utilizing eDays
• Minimum of 2 weeks for Christmas Break
• School ends by Memorial Day
• Beginning of school as late as possible
to download the 2016-2017 School Year Calendar www.jefcoed.com/calendar
Thank you for helping us plan together!
Jefferson County Schools Calendar Committee for 2017-2019
TAKE THE SURVEY HERE