More Options



All new employees should complete the required forms and documents for new employees.  Refer to the Forms and Documents page for the forms required to complete your personnel file.  This process should be completed within 30 days of your hire date.  New employees must be E-Verified within 3 days of your hire date.  Please bring the I-9 E-Verify form and the required original documents to Human Resources at the Central Office Building to complete the verification process.  Other forms needed to complete your personnel file are listed below:

13 Check Opt-In Form,  A-4 Alabama State Tax Form,  Direct Deposit Form,  Experience Verification Form,  Health Certificate,  I-9 E-Verification Form,  Network Policy, Policy Acknowledgement Form,  Retirement Enrollment Form,  TB Test Results Form,  Time System Guidelines and Procedures for Employees,  W-4 Federal Tax Form

Experience Verification Forms are available under the Forms and Documents page.  This form is used to verify experience from other employers.  You may send the form to your previous employer or they may obtain the form from the ALSDE website.  The previous employer will complete the form and return to Jefferson County Board of Education.  Forms are not accepted from employees.  If you have additional questions concerning experience verification please contact Terra Rice at



Jefferson County Board of Education offers a variety of voluntary benefits to our employees.  Click on the link below to access the Insurance and Benefits Portal. Please contact Trisha Linley at (205) 379-2125 with questions concerning insurance and benefits.  This link is for current employees only.






Please see the Forms and Documents tab for Leave forms.  Please contact Kim Scarvey at (205) 379-2217 or at



Retirement is an important milestone in an employee's life and Jefferson County Board of Education would like to assist you any way we can.  For questions about retirement please contact Ms. Kim Scarvey at (205) 379-2217 or click on the link below for access to the Retirement System of Alabama website.



If you decide to resign from Jefferson County Board of Education, please speak with your Principal or Supervisor about your decision.  Resignations must be in writing.  Please include your full legal name, employee number or social security number, contact information, date of resignation, and signature.